* On 1987 the I&O began operation of the "Logan Line" with 3 ex-C&O GP-9.
* ex-C&O #6018 is seen here beside the Office. It later became I&O # 62
* Here ex-C&O # 6197 is still
in C&O paint ( later I&O #64 ) , seen with #63
ex-C&O #6178 .
A few years later
The I&O felt they needed something more than GP-9's at Logan. Soon several
GP30's began to arrive also.
* I&O GP-9 #62 was briefly repainted into it's origional C&O colors - March 27,1990
* GP-9 ( ex-C&O #6178 ) I&O #63 seen still in old C&O paint - Early 1990
* recently painted I&O #63 seen inside the Engine House - March 25, 1990
* Engine #64 has just been painted, but not lettered yet - March 25, 1989
* a great workhourse is rare
I&O #71 (ex-SCL1060, ex-SAL 404 , Sept.1960 )
seen at Canal Winchester on Chartered Passenger Excursion service - April 21, 1990
* I&O GP30 #81 is seen switching
the Anchor Hocking glass factory in Lancaster on
Jan. 11,1992 . This unit was originally N&W #533 , built June 1962 .
* several units set outside the Logan
Engine House with recently arrived #537
will later be renumbered to #82 ( ex-N&W #537, built June 1962 ) - July 4, 1990.
* I&O #83 is seen in the Groveport
area and later waiting at Valley Crossing
NS ( former N&W track ) train to clear before proceeding to Parsons Yard
( former C&O yard, now CSX ) in Columbus Ohio - April 1992 .
#83 is ex-KCS #4106 built May 1962 .
* I&O acquired GP30 #84
from KCS ( was KCS 4113, prior #113, built 7-1963)
this photo was take July 19, 1991 .
* The I&O soon painted the ugly white #84 into their own colors, seen Jan.1992 .
* N&W #2901 ( ex-NKP 901, built
Nov.1962 ) has just arrived on the I&O.
Once inspections are complete it will enter service as I&O #85 - Jan. 6,1992
* I&O #85 is seen outside the shop building during summer of 1992
* GP30 #85 switching Scott
Lumber at Lancaster Ohio; ex-PRR mainline in
foreground - Mar.1993
* These 3 engines were purposely lined
up for the I&O newsletter. I was fortunate
to happen by the same day - Aug. 5,1992
* a brief visitor to the Logan line was ex-N&W & NS#224
( I&O #251 ) GP35 .
This unit was soon transferred to the I&O's Springfield Line to handle grain trains.
* GP35 I&O #252 (
ex- NS #232 ) seen at Canal Winchester after pulling steam
engine HV #33, and it's train, for the next day's charters.
* GP9 I&O
#482 ( ex-NKP 482, N&W 2482) will later be renumbered as
seen here at Logan on March 25, 1989 .
The I&O also operated a ex-B&O branchline from Hamden (near McArthur Ohio ) to
Oakhill ( near Jackson ). This brachline intercepted the former B&O Washington D.C.
to St.Louis mainline at Hamden. Later all this was sold to the Great Miami & Scioto RR.
* I&O #61 is ex-C&O
#6067 seen at Jackson Ohio in late 1987 .
The I&O also operates a line running
South from Springfield Ohio to Washington Courthouse.
This line is called their "South Charleston Line".
* I&O #81 is seen at Fayne.