Northern  Ohio  Railroad  Photos
 Revised   Thursday April 03, 2003
***       Zanesville  photos  just  recently  added   ***

  Bellevue  ( South of  Sandusky )
       Click  Here
 

  Bellefontaine  ( Northwest  of  Columbus )
            *  a  Conrail  line-up  of  old engines,  featuring  many Also  RS3's  and
                     EMD  E-units   -  July 18, 1976

  Blacklick -  just  East  of  Columbus
           *  old  B&O  Station  -  Feb. 28, 1976
           *  an  approaching  PC  Train  is  also  seen  passing the Station - Feb. 28, 1976

  Brewster  -  ( Southwest of Canton )
       Click  Here
 

 Bucyrus  - ( North of  Marion )
         * old  T&OC  Station - July 29, 1977
           *  CR  painted engines on Train at  East end of town -  July 29, 1977
           *  same CR  train at  Colsan in Bucyrus switching interchange cars.  Lead  unit is
               a U25B  ex-PC 2666,  originally  1 of 16  as  New Haven #2506
 

  Carrothers  ( North of  Bucyrus )
          *  an  N&W  train passes  the station  -  July 18, 1976
 

  Columbus
           click  here  to view photos
 

  Coshocton - ( North of  Zanesville & Cambridge )
     July 20, 1977
       *  Morgan's  Run  Tower
       *  Conrail  local  train pulls past the Station  with ex-NYC  GP9  #7468
 

  Crestline
    *  front view of the Station ( now gone ) - Dec.1975     This station use to be  two stories tall.
    *  rear of  Passenger  Station  looking West toward the Tower - July 21, 1977
               same  view  as above showing  Station  removed  (a  more distant view ) -  Jan.1993
               Westbound  with Alco #6747  passes  Station - July 1977
     *   a view of the old  Roundhouse - Dec.23, 1975
.
.
 Dover   -  ( South of  Cayton )
     *  Looking South past the old  B&O?  Station  - Jan.4, 1992
     *  R.J. Corman has taken over this area's  traffic - Jan.4, 1992
     *  Corman's GP9 #9004 has the words "Memphis Line" stenciled on the cab
     *  GP9 #9010 is  stenciled "Cleveland Line"  on its cab
.
.
 Fostoria
       a  Chessie System  train  passes  the  B&O  Station -  July 18, 1976
            Amtrak use this building today.

  Gallion
              a  view of the restored  Station - Dec.1976
 

  Greenwitch   Jan.02,1993
         *  a Westbound  Conrail  passes across the  "diamond"  with SD50 #6725
                ( to become CSX 8652)  &  #6723 ( to be NS #6414 )
         *  CSX  Northbound with GP40-2 #6152  &  GP38 #2066 ( ex-C&O 3866)
 

  Huron -  ( East of Sandusky, along  Lake Erie )
         * Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited  passing the Huron Airport - April 24, 1982
 

  Johnstown
         *  the old station being used by a  salvage store  -  Dec. 23, 1975
 

 Kileville  - ( West of Columbus, near Plain City )
    * Train  INCO-7  seen sitting at  CP Kile, about to "Outlaw"  - Dec.7,1991
    * INCO-7's  lead unit is GP40-2 #3352 , GP38-2  #8152 (ex-PC) ,
          GP38  #7908 (ex-PC) , and last unit is GP38  #7929 (ex-PC)
.
.
 Lodi   - ( West of Akron )
     * looking along the  N&W  track at the Station - April 23, 1982
     * just beyond the Station is an overhead crossing of the B&O
     * looking back at the N&W Station from under the B&O track
     * tracks into the old  Lodi  Mill
     * a  Bridge near Lodi,  on the B&O
 

 Marion

   July 11, 1975 Photos
             * EL  RS3 #1050  does switching around the Station &  nearby  AC  Tower
                    ( Photo#1Photo#2 )
             * a  Northbound  C&O  Train  with #7555 & 4174  pass  the  Station
             * Westbound  Penn Central  train lead by  PC #2920 a  U33B
             *  the  "Dayton  Train"  is seen arriving with  3  EL  U25B  #2511, 2518, 2513 .
                    This train will pull clear of the Crossing,  then actually back into the yard.
             * 3  Milwaukee Road  "Pool Power"  GP40's  #2050, 2068, 2070
             * EL#1051  an  RS3  Alco  is seen on the East side of the Engine House
             * three  E8a's  are moved  around  the Yard
             * stored  E & F units on the West side of the Engine House
 
   Dec.23, 1975  Photos
         * two  Alco RS3  switching the yard,  looking Southwest
         * EL ordered their SDP45's  with auxiliary fuel storage ( instead of steam generator)
                 in the long hood (see CR6685)
         * three SDP45's  set outside the shop building;   EL#3664  later  became  Conrail#6695
         * a  "U-Boat"  seen  outside the shop building
         * an  Alco  S2   #520  still in black & gold Erie paint
         * PC  MofW  train unloading ties
         * Eastbound EL,  seen East of town with 2 rebuilt D&H  RS units
         * RS3 #1038  does some local switching in the yards
         * two  RS3  #1042 &  #1041 switch the West end of the yard
         * looking  West  at  sunset,  across the  N&W  crossings

     Feb. 28, 1976  Photos
        * RS3  EL#1039  ( later CR#5255 )  gets sand  just  West of the Engine House
        * a  brakeman  walks  to a  switch  as  E-unit  #828  as a train's   power is moved around
        * looking Northwest  at the old  Ice House,  located in the center of the yard
 
     Newer  Dates
       * Looking South at the  N&W  station - July 10, 1989
       * Looking East  at the old  Station.  One E-W, one  N-S  track along with the
               platforms  have since been removed - July 10, 1989
 

 Newark
       * the old  PRR  Station - July 20, 1977
         * B&O  building  and  Tracks into the yard
 

 Outsville  ( East of Newark )
              ConRail  Westbound  with  C&NW  unit  -  July 1977
 

 Plymouth ( North of Mansfield, South of Willard)
      Aug. 25, 1982
        * a  view of the  Crossing  were the B&O ?  and  old  AC&Y  cross
          *  this old  AC&Y  station was moved back from the railroad
          *  This Station  ( ex- B&O ? ) was beside the Plymouth Locomotive Works
 

 Sandusky  - ( along Lake Erie )
     This is a draw bridge on Lake Erie known as  DB.    I think this use to be part of
     NYC's  "Water  Level Route".
     In  Photo#1  the bridge is raised for a boat.  Photo#2  shows a passing train. - July 1976
 

Shelby  ( where  NYC and  B&O  cross )
   * Shelby Tower,  note old  Semaphore  signals  still  in  use  -  April 25,1982
                    a view of the  Board  inside the  Tower
                    the  Plant's  Control  Levers
                    a  view  of the  Operator's  Desk
 

Sugarcreek ( Southwest of Canton, near  New Philadelphia )
    * Pete Snyder took this photo of  Ohio Central RR. switcher #52  in early 1991
    * Ohio Central  GP-9 #91  arrives with a work train - July 25,1992
 

  Upper Sandusky  ( South of Sandusky, Northwest of  Marion )

     *  the Tower operator and his visiting wife,  watch a EL  powered train pass- July 1976

     July 29, 1977  Photos
          * looking North across the diamond at the old C&O  Passenger Station
          * looking South past C&O Freight Station,  toward the other Station and Tower
          * looking North  at the  C&O Freight Station and signal gantry
          * looking East at an old  PRR?  Station located just East of the Tower
          * a  C&O  Southbound  passes
          * a Northbound is seen,  just North of the Tower
                      ( note U25B #8103 and the Safety Caboose )
          * a Southbound  empty  ore train  seen passing the Tower ( note the Semaphore )
          * a  Westbound  Train TV-116  is lead by  CR6593 a  U36C ( ex-EL3322 )
          * an  Eastbound Conrail train has  U30C  CR6582  ( ex-Reading # 6303 )  one of
                     only 5  RDG   GE  units  to transition into Conrail
         * an  Eastbound Local  with  GP9  7154  is seen behind the West side of the Tower
 

  Urbana - ( North of  Springfield )
           There is a funny story behind this photo of  the  "out house"  Tower  at  Hagenbaugh.
           It seems that the railroad assumed that they wouldn't  need the original tower any
           longer  and therefore sold/gave  it to a local farmer, who laid it on its side, and
           promptly hauled it away.   Well a signal problem created  the need for a temporary
           manned ( well ok "personed")  tower  again.  The solution was this shack that
           resembled an old outside toilet.   It's  indoor  electronics were contrastingly,
           state of the art!     Note the yellow   RECEIVE ORDERS  flag displayed on the
           front of the  tower.   -  a hot summer day in July 1976
 

 Willard  - ( North of  Mansfield, South of  Norwalk )
   This is a famous "Railroad Town"  on the old  B&O
   Oct. 1977 Photos 
      *  Engine Facility ( notice old GP7 B&O 5602 )
        *  Close-up  of   F7B #7141, ex-WM #407  built 1953
        *  F7B #7146  Second Unit of  Eastbound
        *  a  C&O  GP9 #6247  seen switching cars

    Jan.02, 1993 Photos
        *  CSX  SD40-2 #8351  &  #8319  setting at the Facility
        *  SD50 #8598 & #8642  along with GP40 #6626 arrive for servicing
        *  looking West we see  three Seaboard units
                  ( GP40 #6720  &  #6675  with GP38 #2165 to the left )
        *  newly built C40-8W #7839, 7841  &  7836  set  off  by themselves
        *  looking  Northeast  at  J-Tower  on the Yard's  West end
               This tower was demolished on August 18,1998  to permit track expansion.

 
Zanesville  - ( East of Columbus & Newark )
   Oct. 1993

        * old N&W station, now Ohio Central at Linden Ave. (covered hopper on old engine track)

        * CSX station, originally B&O at  Second & Market streets

                 old B&O yard  looking West past MofW Motorcar & pushtruck

                 looking East  in yard - the patch of new blacktop is the site of a former TOFC ramp; old engine track to left

        * at Market street looking Southeast then Northeast at former Cincinnati & Muskingum Valley Station, later became a PRR station