Oct. 1977 Photos
* C&O GP7 #5741 seen early in the morning
* Alco T6 Switcher #39 works the Hump in early morning fog
* the same #39 & sister T6 #13 seen from a street bridge
* N&W #43 & 13 shove a cut over the Hump
* T6 #45 & GP38 #2911 work the same Hump
* Big Alco C630 #1135
on old FM Trainmaster trucks ,
switches the yard ( close up )
* Alco #1130 picks-up
a cabose from the cabose track and
couples it onto a Westbound "cut" of hoppers. Next the
headend power begins assembling their train "doubled over"
on 3 yard tracks.
* waiting units : GP9 #799 , GP7 #2476 ex-NKP , GP7P #3456
* U30B? #8510 moves out with Alco #411 and SD40 #6120 for duty
* freshly painted GP9 #698 leaves the Servicing area
* Alco C425 #1003
sets in the Servicing area .
The N&W owned few
low nose units. This one was new to the N&W . It was retired and
scrapped in 1979 .
* we were told that this "Big
Hook" was the pride of the yard. By its
shinny appearance that seemed to be the case.
* an unusual manned crossing
tower at the Yard's East end.
yes , it was active on that day in 1977 !
* GP9 #2813 leads
GP7 #2420 and other units past
the crossing tower.
Next the unit back past us with U30B? #8533 on the point.
* GP9 #2492 is switched around the shop by T6 #18
* Alco T6 #39 sets in the Yard
* same #39 seen from the rear . Notice the East end Hump Office to the left
* Alco T6 #12 seen setting with #14
* looking East from a City bridge as two T6 shove a cut over the West Hump
* GP30 #537 seen setting
near the Shops with Alco #389
* two Alco T6 switch the East end of the Yard
* Alco & slug
pluck the cabose off of the rear
of a train before it's humped.
Notice the old , round coaling tipple behind the Hump Office and also
the track that runs under the hump , beneath the Alco .
* SD35 and a slug seen moving onto the Hump's tracks
* several GP9's move-out
to take a train
* T6 #31 seen setting in the yard
* GP9 #769 , GP9 #2468 (ex-NKP) , U30B? #1941 setting ready
* U30C? #8001 lead units out for a train
* Alco switches a cut of boxcars at the yard's West end
* a one unit Eastbound train arrives with empty hoppers
March 1978 Photo
* a black & White photo of GP40
#4124 & GP9 #2501 crossing a
flooded Scioto river at the juction with the Cincinnati line.
April 8, 1990 Photo
* coal train backs
into the Yard to retreive the rest of it's hoppers before